Instagram

12 November 2014

The 1st Generation Nexus 7 has been out of the Android Lollipop discussions, all we knew was that it would be getting the Lollipop update but the time-frame was unknown.
Well the good news is the factory image for the Nexus 7 WiFi 2012 was leaked today and it is 100% legitimate, it is the signed release of Android Lollipop. It's available on Google's Servers and has the right build number. The release has a build number LRX21P and it has not yet been updated on the Nexus Factory Image page.
         
My Nexus 7 getting charged for the update

 As it is a Factory Image so you will need to flash a clean install that'll be wiping all your data. So if you are willing to flash it then here's the link:

NEXUS 7 2012 WiFi Android Lollipop Factory Image
(MD5: e68948c23c918436680bd28fc6aaf983)

Things you'll need:
1) Latest Android SDK
2) The Factory Image
3) A PC
4) A few command prompt lines.

Here are the instructions to flashing a ROM :
How to flash

Follow the steps carefully. Just to be clear I won't be held responsible for any problems that you might run into by flashing the image.

I do expect the OTA update to be live soon (only a matter of days) so if you are not willing to loose all your data, then you might hold on and wait for it.
The Nexus 7 2012 will be one of the oldest android devices to be getting the Android Lollipop update so it is a BIG DEAL !! I hope that this update fixes the battery drain issue and I wish that the sluggishness that I and many other Nexus 7 users experienced vanishes. I am excited about the Material Design and Project Volta. I have huge expectations from this update.

I am downloading it and it's at 90% right now. So in a matter of hours i'll be flashing it and i'll let you know about the experience so stay tuned  !!!

Do let me know in the comment section below if you are as excited as I am or are you going to flash the image or will you be waiting for the OTA update.
I hope you liked my post and if you did please feel free to like, share and comment.
Enjoy!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment